Special Musical Events
Youth Choir Car Wash & Cook OutThank you to all who generously came, ate and donated to make our 4th annual Car Wash a total success! We made over $3500 on our Car Wash & Cook Out!
Check out our 4th Annual Car Wash Facebook pictures!
Youth Choir Musicals and Special ProductionsOur faithful and talented First & Calvary Youth Choir offer music, scripture, skits and narrative as they lead in selected worship services throughout the year.
Click here to listen to or download past events.
Ask Me About My Trip...Forty members of The First & Calvary Youth Choir and ten chaperones had a wonderful adventure the last week of May on the annual Youth Choir trip. We want to extend our sincere thanks to our parents and our church family for making this week possible. The choir shared their music in Clinton, South Carolina with the residents of The Presbyterian Manor, the students at AMI Kids reform school, and the Wednesday morning prayer breakfast at the First Presbyterian Church, before moving on to sing at Southport Presbyterian Church in Southport, North Carolina. We had an opportunity to visit The Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina and we spent a day at Carolina Beach. Each day of our trip ended with a devotional time led by choir members. I wish each of you could be there while our students discuss their faith journeys. It is so inspiring! As we travel back home, each of our choir members writes a note in our journal.
Here are a few excerpts from their comments:
- "I loved this trip and I love this choir!" —Sam, 6th grade
- "I learned so much about myself, about God, and about others and I'm very thankful for that." —Hannah, 9th grade
- "This trip has been life changing!" —Chandler, 11th grade
- "I feel so blessed to have been a part of this choir. I don't know where I'd be without it. God bless this choir!" —Rachel, 12th grade
- "The fellowship that we've shared has changed me for the better. I can't wait until next year!" —Caleb, 11th grade
- "I love this family and the music that we make together!" —Natalie, 11th grade
- "I am so thankful for a church family where I feel accepted!" —Natalie, 10th grade
- "Youth Choir has taught me so much through the years about myself and has strengthened my faith." —Hailey 10th grade
- "There are no words to describe the experiences and memories of a Youth Choir trip." —Katherine, 8th grade
- "I've bonded with my Youth Choir and strengthened my faith in God." —Caleb, 8th grade
- "I've been in America for only five months and in the Youth Choir for three months. I'm totally moved and inspired by the group!" —Ken, 10th grade
THANK YOU, FIRST & CALVARY for your strong support of these young people. You are building up God's Kingdom!