SessionIn a Presbyterian Church the Session is the council, or governing body, for the congregation. It is composed of those persons elected by the congregation to active serviced as ruling elders, together with all installed pastors and associate pastors. Currently, there are thirty-nine elected ruling elders serving on the Session of First & Calvary Presbyterian Church. The Pastor of the congregation serves as the moderator of the Session. A ruling elder in the church serves as the clerk, or secretary, of the Session.
The Session has responsibility for governing the congregation and guiding its witness to the sovereign activity of God in the world, so that the congregation is and becomes a community of faith, hope, love, and witness. In light of this charge, the Session has responsibility and power to:
- provide that the Word of God may be truly preached and heard.
- provide that the Sacraments may be rightly administered and received.
- nurture the covenant community of disciples of Christ.
2013 Committee AssignmentsBuilding & Grounds Committee
Adult Ministry Committee
Children's Ministry Committee
Information Technology Committee
Congregational Life Committee
Student Ministry Committee
Worship, Music & Art Committee
Read The Review to find out what is happening at First & Calvary!
- E-News Update! Check out the latest F&C Newsletter Information!
- Dr. Gary Stratman to Preach at Dr. Andrew Chaney's Installation!
- All-Church Potluck Dinner and Hymn Sing Sunday, June 30th
- Youth Summer Small Groups!
- LOOK HERE! FOR Vacation Bible School Information and Registration
- 55 AND OVER! "Smoke on the Mountain" Branson Show and Dessert - July 16
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!