Family Mission ProjectMatthew 20:28 says, “For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served, but to serve others, and give My life as a ransom for many.” Jesus emphasized, throughout his ministry, the importance of serving others, and helping those in need. We feel that our response, to that call of serving others, should be like Christ’s.
During the Family Mission Project, [generally in July or early August], we will work over 3 days [Thursday, Friday & Saturday], starting in the morning and working through mid-afternoon. Our projects change from year to year.
In June of 2011, First & Calvary members & friends decided it was time to step up and serve the people in the community of Joplin devastated by a tornado. Over three days, we sent 33 people and worked from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. (That's a little more than 600 work hours total!) We also had over 200 bottles of Gatorade & water donated by church members as well as enough food to feed 75 people! Check out our Facebook album to see all our pictures of the work we did in Joplin!
A mission opportunity like this certainly helps to put things in perspective & reminds us that we are truly blessed to be a blessing to others.
For more information, feel free to give me a call or just email me!
Rob Howard, Director of Youth
Family Mission Trip
Read The Review to find out what is happening at First & Calvary!
- E-News Update! Check out the latest F&C Newsletter Information!
- Dr. Gary Stratman to Preach at Dr. Andrew Chaney's Installation!
- All-Church Potluck Dinner and Hymn Sing Sunday, June 30th
- Youth Summer Small Groups!
- LOOK HERE! FOR Vacation Bible School Information and Registration
- 55 AND OVER! "Smoke on the Mountain" Branson Show and Dessert - July 16
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!