WorshipWorship is what we do at F&C PC! There is no stage with professional entertainers here. We all have a part to play in worship, and God is our audience.
We strive to create worship environments that make people feel at home, and so our three services are in different styles—both traditional and contemporary. You will see people here wearing everything from shorts to suits, from blue jeans to dresses. The sermons are biblically grounded, and the excellent music covers broad range. Recognizing the importance of worship to family life, we routinely include a “time for children” during the worship hour and regularly involve youth in various aspects of worship leadership. We also staff a nursery throughout Sunday mornings for younger children.
- Weekly Communion Chapel services are held in the Chapel every Sunday morning, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Join us for 30 minutes of music, prayer and a brief message.
- Two traditional services are held in the Sanctuary at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. You can view the prior Sunday traditional service every Sunday on Mediacom Channel 85 or 15-6 at 4:00 p.m.
- One contemporary service is held in the Multi-Purpose Room on the lower level at 11:00 a.m. Our Multi-Purpose Room is a place you may be tempted to call a gym, but on Sunday mornings it becomes our Sanctuary. The atmosphere is friendly and laid back. Come in casual clothes and expect to make a new friend!
- The music for this gathering is led by a robust band. On any given morning you may find guitars, horns, mandolins, keyboards and maybe even a low whistle. We don’t make use of formal liturgy or robes, but you’ll still find evidence of our affection for the roots of our traditions in our prayer and communion moments. It’s a setting especially well-suited for young children. You can even find an activity bag along the west wall if you’d like to have a little something extra for your young ones to do. We’d love to host you for a visit sometime soon!
Two Kinds of Worship Opportunities on Wednesday evenings!Join us @The Table as we are offer two kinds of worship opportunites for you to participate in. Read more...
May 2013 Sermon Schedule
After a three-week series in the contemporary service in April, Dr. Chaney will preach a four-week sermon series in the Traditional Worship Services in May.
The series begins on May 5 with the message, “God’s Looking For You!” Since the next Sunday, May 12, is Mothers’ Day, the sermon for that day will honor mothers with the message, “You’re Accepted!” The following Sunday, May 19, is Pentecost, a Sunday that celebrates the coming of the Holy Spirit. The sermon is entitled, “You Feel The Spirit!” Finally on May 26, Trinity Sunday, the series will conclude with hope confronting the challenges of life, “You’re Fully Equipped!”
The Scriptures are listed below if you would like to prepare:
- May 5—God’s Looking For You! (Acts:16:9-15, Psalm 67, John 14:23-29)
- May 12—You’re Accepted! (Mothers’ Day)Acts 16:16-34 Psalm 97, John 17:20-26
- May 19—You Feel The Spirit! (Pentecost Sunday) Acts 2:1-21, Psalm 104:24-34, John 14:8-17
- May 26—You’re Fully Equipped! (Trinity Sunday) Romans 5:1-5, Psalm 8, John 16:12-15
- May 5—Being Hospitable (Lucia Oerter) (Acts 16:9-15)
- May 12—My Chains Are Gone. Now What? (Greg Ellis) (Acts 16:16-34)
- May 19—When The Spirit takes Hold (Lucia Oerter) (Acts 2:1-21)
- May 26—I Have Much More to say to You (Lucia Oerter) (John 16:12-15)
Communion, music, prayer, and a brief message are elements of this 30-minute service of worship (Lucia Oerter).
Read The Review to find out what is happening at First & Calvary!
- E-News Update! Check out the latest F&C Newsletter Information!
- Dr. Gary Stratman to Preach at Dr. Andrew Chaney's Installation!
- All-Church Potluck Dinner and Hymn Sing Sunday, June 30th
- Youth Summer Small Groups!
- LOOK HERE! FOR Vacation Bible School Information and Registration
- 55 AND OVER! "Smoke on the Mountain" Branson Show and Dessert - July 16
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!